Here are problems to watch for, and tips for maintaining indoor air quality:
• Check for wet spots and condensation in your building. Mould grows rapidly in a wet environment, so scrub and dry wet areas within 48 hours.
• Keep indoor humidity low.
• If you notice condensation, reduce moisture levels.
• Repair leaks, increase ventilation if outside air is cold and dry. Dehumidify, if outdoor air is warm and humid.
• Raise the surface temperature through better insulation or by increasing air circulation.
• Clean the heating, ventilation, and air conditioning drip pans.
• Perform routine repairs and cleaning of your HVAC system.